Santa Barbara Hikes

Skip to main content
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Search the forum:

Forum registration is technically mostly closed due to inactivity. The forum will eventually be removed but for now the information may still be useful to read so I'm leaving the forum up. You may have better luck asking questions via the Feedback form which is available in the Gorp menu.

Upper Sisquoc Trail

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJDGO
Day Hiker

Conditions Improved
Post Posted: April Thu 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Did a 3-night semiloop from Aliso Park (Sycamore-Cottonwood-Painted Rock) 04/14-04-17. River crossings were still waist-high but manageable. Occasionally tricky route-finding between South Fork and Mansfield, but much of the trail had been well flagged recently.
Cross Tie Walker
I live on the trails

Re: Conditions Improved
Post Posted: April Thu 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Sounds like a great trip; any photos? Hoping to get back up to Painted Rock in the next few months or so.

CTW

CJDGO wrote:
Did a 3-night semiloop from Aliso Park (Sycamore-Cottonwood-Painted Rock) 04/14-04-17. River crossings were still waist-high but manageable. Occasionally tricky route-finding between South Fork and Mansfield, but much of the trail had been well flagged recently.
toejam
I live on the trails

Post Posted: October Mon 17, 2011 5:33 am

The trail along the upper Sisquoc is currently in good - great shape with just a few issues. Grassy areas are well-trodden between the bear camps. The switchbacks by the waterfalls are loose but obvious. A couple of nasty blowdown areas below the falls must be negotiated, but you should find the trail on the other side. You have to push through the weeds in places high in the canyon, but you can hike from the last river crossing 1.5 miles above Heath to South Fork in shorts.
toejam
I live on the trails

Post Posted: November Tue 27, 2012 5:22 am

The trail is in even better shape this year. Get out there and enjoy!
TheBeeman
Litehiker

Post Posted: December Sat 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Hiked this section of trail between Mansfield Camp and SouthFork Station in November as part of a five trail loop. Recent work by the CCCs has created a high standard wilderness trail with erosion control structures and river crossings. Still plenty of water in the river.

Photos posted here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/112425444439835043013/2012FiveTrailLoop?n oredirect=1

Happy Trails!
Day Hiker

Post Posted: April Mon 29, 2013 8:46 pm

My daughter and I hiked this going up river on April 23rd. As we were finishing the last quarter mile from Heath Camp to Lower Bear Camp we encountered a volunteer trail crew (several of whom post on this site).

They were doing absolutely stellar work. The section of trail they had finished as of the time we passed through (that above Upper Bear Camp) was in excellent, A+ condition.

Thanks again volunteers.
boots
toejam
I live on the trails

Post Posted: April Tue 30, 2013 7:18 pm

The upper few miles of this trail were worked last week. We took care of things that had been problems since the Zaca Fire. It is a wilderness freeway.

Algalita Research - Learn about the pelagic plastic problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: