Santa Barbara Hikes

Skip to main content
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Search the forum:

Forum registration is technically mostly closed due to inactivity. The forum will eventually be removed but for now the information may still be useful to read so I'm leaving the forum up. You may have better luck asking questions via the Feedback form which is available in the Gorp menu.

Sulphur Spring Trail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane
Guru at the summit

Sulphur Spring Trail
Post Posted: March Sat 26, 2005 6:32 pm

Post your update here or from Bryan's Interactive Backcountry Map.
george
I live on the trails

Post Posted: April Wed 06, 2005 8:26 pm

We hiked down the trail from Cedros Saddle in mid-March. The frist leg to the road junction is fine, but the trail gets worse and worse as you descend. Very washed out after the 3rd (?) road crossing to the point of being unhikable. The trail had become a flood drainage, and was a deep gully full of tree roots! In fact, we decided it would be easier to hike down the road the rest of the way to Manzana, which it was.
BSA Troop 42
Backpacker

Post Posted: April Mon 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Hiked up Sulphur Spring Trail on 9 April 2006. The Trail has been beautifully cleared and groomed. Thank you to those who worked on the Trail. Flowing water near the trail for most of the bottom three sections.
santiar
Day Hiker

(southern) Sulpher Springs trail update
Post Posted: June Tue 01, 2010 7:49 am

Tried to hike Sulpher Springs trail from the southern trailhead north to Manzana Schoolhouse on May 10th, 2010. The trail is severely overgrown and nearly impossible to follow unless you are already familiar. The rains of this past winter have also washed three parts of the southern trail out. It is passable, but a bit on the dangerous side with a heavy pack on your back. I had a late start and only made it to the first intersection of the jeep trail. I could not see where the trail continued once reaching the jeep trail. I could have just followed the jeep trail but was nervous with the extra miles and the lack of daylight left. I had no gps and it was my first time hiking that trail. I was very behind schedule with sunlight so I decided to turn around and go back up the hill and try another day....most likely with a machete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: