Santa Barbara Hikes

Skip to main content
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Search the forum:

Forum registration is technically mostly closed due to inactivity. The forum will eventually be removed but for now the information may still be useful to read so I'm leaving the forum up. You may have better luck asking questions via the Feedback form which is available in the Gorp menu.

Sweet Water Trail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane
Guru at the summit

Sweet Water Trail
Post Posted: March Sat 26, 2005 6:35 pm

Post your update here or from Bryan's Interactive Backcountry Map.
Bryan
I live on the trails

Post Posted: June Mon 02, 2008 6:51 am

May 24, 2008

Sweetwater is wide open and ready to be hiked, horsed, or moonwalked. I strongly recommend hiking down this trail only. Its a solid 7miles of uphill along a south facing slope.
Cowboy Clark
Day Hiker

Post Posted: May Wed 13, 2009 8:30 am

Sweet Water trail is in great shape - we just took horses down it on 4/28/09. good tread, brush is burned out - and the wild flowers were amazing!boots
Coyote Dave
Thru Hiker

Post Posted: June Thu 03, 2010 10:15 am

There is nothing sweet about this trail nor is there any water. Trail should be renamed to the High-Dry Steep Trail. Hiked this trail down from Pine Corral Portrero over Memorial Day Weekend. Tread is in good shape and the views were pretty spectacular. With a heavy pack this trail will do a number on your joints. You couldn't pay me to hike up this trail.
TheBeeman
Litehiker

A Hot Trail
Post Posted: September Mon 05, 2011 6:48 am

As part of a VWR trail survey, Rik and I hiked this trail from the Sierra Madre Road to SouthFork Cabin. With no water resources and shade, and hot weather, we planned our hiking time in the early morning.

The trail is in great condition and passable, helped by cows and stock trips to support the CCCs who worked the trail out of SouthFork at the beginning of summer.

There are wonderful views of the north slopes of the Mission Pine Ridge, Hurricane Deck, and Sierra Madre range.

Photos of our trip can be seen at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/112425444439835043013/SweetwaterTrail#

Happy trails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: