Santa Barbara Hikes

Skip to main content
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Search the forum:

Forum registration is technically mostly closed due to inactivity. The forum will eventually be removed but for now the information may still be useful to read so I'm leaving the forum up. You may have better luck asking questions via the Feedback form which is available in the Gorp menu.

Davy Brown Trail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane
Guru at the summit

Davy Brown Trail
Post Posted: July Wed 18, 1973 3:38 pm

Post your update here or from Bryan's Interactive Backcountry Map.
Duane
I live on the trails

Post Posted: January Sun 30, 2005 12:01 am

In surprisingly good shape, although there are several washouts near the bottom, beginning about a half mile from Davy Brown camp. Just follow the creek and you will be ok.

A much steeper trail than I realized. Hiking downhill is very difficult in some places.

There is a trail junction about a mile down from the trailhead at Figueroa Road. The trail on the right is the Willow Springs Connector; the one on the left is the Munch Canyon Spur. Davy Brown Trail continues as the middle trail on the right hand side of the creek.
Duane
I live on the trails

Post Posted: January Sun 30, 2005 12:01 am

My mistake; at the trail junction, the trail on the RIGHT is Munch Canyon Spur, and the trail on the LEFT is Willow Springs Connector. Sorry about that.hills
Diane
Guru at the summit

Post Posted: February Sun 26, 2006 6:53 pm

The old cabin is probably where the ruins are. Pretty near to a large oak tree with a fire ring beneath it is a little crook in the trail. Off to the west about 10 feet are some old ruins. Just old rusty trash now. Not much to see.
shtinkypuppie
Tenderfoot

Post Posted: March Wed 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Surprisingly good shape. There are 2 or 3 easily-passable downed trees. Just below the 3-way junction, the Davy Brown trail hops over to the east side of the creek briefly, but it is actually easier to climb onto the west slope (officially the Willow Springs Trail) and follow it for a hundred feet or so up to the junction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Santa Barbara Hikes Forum Index -> Interactive Back Country Map All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: